If you want to make a difference in this world through science and are interested in joining our team, then please send an email with a statement of interest and a CV along with contact information of 3 references to “email@example.com“.
FOR POSTDOCTORAL CANDIDATES
Although our primary interest remains tissue regeneration and wound healing, projects in our lab spans diverse disciplines of biological science, including but not limited to developmental biology, evolutionary biology, genetics, epigenetics, biochemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, mathematical modeling and even next-generation technologies that push our boundaries. Hence, we are always looking for talented people who can complement our skills and advance our mission. If you are interested please write to us. Together, we can always find source of funding for your stay in our lab.
1) NIH – https://researchtraining.nih.gov
2) NIH – https://researchtraining.nih.gov
3) NSF – https://www.nsf.gov
4) Fulbright – https://us.fulbrightonline.org
5) HFSP – https://www.hfsp.org
6) Ford Foundation – https://sites.nationalacademies.org
7) Helen Hey Whitney Foundation – http://hhwf.org/
8) Hertz Foundation – https://www.hertzfoundation.org
9) JSMF – https://www.jsmf.org
10) LSRF – https://lsrf.org
11) Hanna Gray (HHMI) (underrepresented minorities) – https://www.hhmi.org
12) L’Oreal Woman in Science (Female candidates) – https://www.aaas.org
13) Hunt (Wenner-Gren Foundation) (PhD-Postdoc bridging time for writing) – http://www.wennergren.org
FOR Ph.D. CANDIDATES
– Ph.D. students are selected through the GSBSE or MBS program. The GSBSE is a joint graduate program between the Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory (MDIBL), the Jackson Laboratory (JAX), Maine Medical Center Research Institute (MMCRI), the University of New England (UNE), and the University of Maine. The University of Maine is a degree-granting institution.
– If you are already an accepted Ph.D. student at the GSBSE and are interested in rotating in the Murawala lab, send Prayag an email.
FOR UNDERGRAD CANDIDATES
The MDIBL actively engages with undergraduate research. Every summer, we host a range of students from local institutions (COA), the State of Maine (INBRE), as well as students from all over the country (REU).
For opportunities and fellowships, please click here.